The Love Letter // Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
And you know what else bloggers realized? That blogging has enabled you to embrace you. The real you. With your flaws and imperfections, no matter your skin color, weight, or age. In her post, A Love Letter to Personal Bloggers, Anika eloquently captured what many of us feel when we begin to understand the deeper significance of blogging:
...Darling personal bloggers, you are impacting our culture, our trends, our lives, me. Thank you for that.
And this is my love letter to all of you. It takes tenacity, guts, patience, creativity, and time to blog. Love you, be you. Care, share, go forth, and go blog!
Links à la Mode: June 9th
- Arash Mazinani: Super Brands: Why They've Got You Hooked
- Barbro Andersen: Blogging is sharing, and sharing is caring!
- Best of Bklyn: How I wore my mom's prom dress, 31 years later!
- Best of Palm Beach Consignment: Alexander McQueen: A Love Story
- Blah Blah Becky: Lipstick: A History
- Boheme Noir: 20 Alexander McQueen Runway Moments that blew my mind
- By Anika: A Love Letter to Personal Bloggers
- Consider Me Lovely: A journey from self-loathing to self-loving.
- Crashing Red: Why bloggers should not be categorized—or judged—because of their particular style.
- Dress With Courage: How do you define the difference between being inspired, or being a copycat?
- FIERCE: A Day at the Beach and a Lesson in Self Love
- Fierce Fab Fit: I'm a Grammar Snob: V1—Homophones
- Grit & Glamour: Video Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Clear Lipliner
- Haute Khuuture: How to display your jewelry for maximum use with minimal effort.
- Her Catwalk: 5 Ways to Get Rid of Unnecessary Spending
- Hippie Lace: A simple and easy DIY to add length—and spice—to cut off shorts
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Bloggers are not your only readers
- Oranges and Apples: Why I Will Never be a Professional Blogger
- Style Confessions: Gel nail polish—what's the big deal?
- Style Nuggets: 5 Surprising Benefits of Blogging
- The Styling Dutchman: A self-conscious post about unflattering pictures and photoshopping: embrace the ugly!
- The Well Appointed Catwalk: The Un-It Bag